Safe Driving in the Rain
Adverse weather can turn driving into a dangerous activity. When driving in the rain, it is important to drive even more carefully than usual and to keep in mind the safety of everyone out on the road. Sadly, not all drivers take the necessary precautions when driving in the rain and can cause serious accidents as a result.
Driving Safely in Bad Weather
If you are forced to drive in bad weather, it is important to take steps to keep yourself safe, including:
- Slow down.
- Turn on your lights to increase your own visibility and to help other drivers see you.
- Leave extra space between vehicles to give you time to stop if you need to.
- Try not to hit your brakes suddenly.
- Do not drive through any floods or water across the road. These bodies of water may be deeper than they appear, or may be flowing with a force strong enough to sweep your vehicle off the road.
- Pull over in a safe location and wait for the conditions to clear, if needed.
Car accidents occur more frequently in rainy weather, and can also be more difficult to handle. Do your part to avoid car accidents in the rain by driving safely and defensively.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident caused by the negligent actions of another driver, the Wisconsin car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® can help. To learn more about your legal rights and options, contact our offices today by calling 800-242-2874.